Graduation Information

Back to Article
Back to Article

Graduation Information

S. Cantu

S. Cantu

S. Cantu

Kasey Whitenack, Editor-In-Chief

Graduation for the current school year is set to take place on May 17th at 7:30 p.m on the Lobo Football Field. Gates will open at 6:00 p.m. Seating will be on both the Home and Visitors sides of the stadium and will be filled on a first-come, first-served. NOTE: There is no saving or reserving seats/sections.

On both of the two days prior of graduation, the 16th and the 17th, there is a mandatory graduation practice. Graduating seniors must meet in the Coliseum at 9:30 a.m. on both of those days to run through the ceremony and to go over rules. The dress code rules from the College and Career Center website are as follows:

• Girls must wear dresses and dress shoes (please, no heels).
  • Boys must wear long pants, shoes, socks and shirts with a collar.
  • No one will be allowed to wear thong sandals, tennis shoes or shorts.
  • Girls will not be permitted to carry purses, cameras or flowers. Please leave these items in your car. No school personnel will be available to keep these items. Ask a boy to put your car keys in his pants pocket.
  • Leave all non-essential items at home or in your car.
  • NO DECORATING OF CAPS OR GOWNS IS ALLOWED

On the day of graduation, the parking lots will be crowded. Graduates should park in the student parking lots or have parents drop them off in the breezeway. Students need to be in the coliseum and in their seats no later than 6:30 p.m.

After graduation is over, graduates will be able to pick up the diplomas in the turf room or in the registrar’s office after May 20th. In order to receive the diploma, students who have National Honor Society collars will have to be turned in after the ceremony. Those collars along with Top Ten Percent cords will be distributed after the Thursday practice.

In the event of rain, there are two back up plans. Taken from the College and Career Center website, the plans are as follows:

PLAN “A”

If it is raining on Friday night, graduation will be held SATURDAY MORNING May 18th at 11:00 AM on at the Lobo Stadium. In this event, gates will open at 9:00 a.m and graduates are to meet in the coliseum at 9:00 a.m.

PLAN “B”

If it is raining Friday night (17th) and Saturday morning (18th), graduation will be held in two parts in the Lobo Coliseum on the 18th. The first ceremony will have graduates with the last name beginning with A through K and the top ten percent. It will begin at 10:00 am and the coliseum doors will open at 8:30. The second ceremony will have graduates with the last name beginning with L through Z and will begin at 2:00 pm. Coliseum doors will open at 12:30.

If it is necessary to implement this alternative plan, it is our hope that this new format will ensure the number of guests each graduate can bring is not as limited as in years past.

Additional information concerning seniors can be found at the following website:

https://sites.google.com/lisd.org/ccclhs