Admit One: The Viewette Revue

Back to Article
Back to Article

Admit One: The Viewette Revue

Kasey Whitenack, Editor-In-Chief

The Viewette Revue has officially started. The Revue is tonight at 7:oo p.m. in the Mickey Melton Auditorium. Tickets are available to purchase during lunch, from Viewettes that still have tickets, and also at the door. Tickets are $10 each and the final performance is Saturday at 7:oo p.m.

“It’s a family-friendly fun filled adventure,” Emily Mendenhall, second year junior lieutenant, said. “It is based on tickets to like water parks, museums, airplanes, the train, and pretty much anything you can imagine.”

The Revue features numbers from the cheerleaders, majorettes, and the children that participated in the the Viewette Mini Clinic.

“We really appreciate the help of other members in the community that help put on this show,” sophomore rookie Audrey Smith said. “From 4-year-olds to football players…they really come together and make the show what it is. Make sure to come out and enjoy the view.”

Each company has their own number in the show in addition to each grade level having their own. Students in the Viewette Prep class have their own numbers as well.

“Each dancer puts in so much time and effort,” Senior Captain Madelyn Mack said. “Our directors work tirelessly with us. Most importantly we all have so much fun and it’s so evident in our dancing.”

Some of the styles of dance included are pom, clogging, lyrical, and jazz.

“In the Revue, we have all types of genres,” Mimi Traore, senior and second year Viewette, said. “From ballet to hip hop so come watch us kick hat!”

For the seniors, this is their last time dancing as a Viewette. On Saturday, the girls will take their final kicks as Viewettes.

“It is bittersweet because it marks the end of my time as a Viewette, but I could not have asked for a better year or team,” Mack said. “This year the revue is so special to me. Being the captain of this team this year has been the greatest honor, and the spring show just tops it off.”